Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What's the best Business to Start in Ghana?

7 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I was wondering what the best business would be to start in Ghana? What business do you guys think would be needed the most?

Any ideas?

Kindred Gear

Posted · Report post

the best business to start is what you are qualified for or rather knows best.

Posted · Report post

Also depends on the amount of capital U have and how much time U can spend in Ghana managing the business.

It's a different environment and mentality so U will have to learn it.

There are literally millions of opportunities waiting to be tapped.

Posted · Report post

the best business to start is what you are qualified for or rather knows best.

I agree that you have an advantage in business if you have experience in a particular field but there are entrepreneurs that run many different types of businesses without being qualified for everything they do. The key is to build a team of people around you who have the knowledge that you lack. Ideas is where business is born if you can learn a job you can educate yourself in a particular business. If you have the passion for it you will learn the business.

Posted · Report post

Also depends on the amount of capital U have and how much time U can spend in Ghana managing the business.

It's a different environment and mentality so U will have to learn it.

There are literally millions of opportunities waiting to be tapped.

Those are good points about capital, culture and business management. It's a challenge to start a business period especially if it's in another country. That being said I believe each one of these topics can be addressed with proper planning and one's willingness to submerge yourself into the culture and heartbeat of the people. I like to brainstorm and toss ideas around then I can eliminate certain ideas that wouldn't fit because of capital, etc. For instance I visited Sierra Leone and my guide showed me business opportunities that were needed for that specific countries needs, there were many but she showed me a sample of what could be done. So if anyone wants to toss out some ideas and have a brainstorming session please I would love to hear your ideas.

Posted · Report post

BUSINESS

Hi

Business is the only way one can create more jobs and wealth. It provides freedom to think and work according to individual needs. Want to start a business and need some advise, write to nan@atworldsolutions.com.

Thanks

Nancy

Biz-partner

www.atworldsolutions.com.

Posted (edited) · Report post

In the West, there are building supplies shops where U can buy all the tools and materials U need to build anything.

Don't think we have that kind of 1 stop building supplies and tools shop in Ghana yet.

And we are right in the middle of a construction boom. Go figure

Edited by Bula Matali