Prozac

Motorsport- F1...

163 posts in this topic

The new F1 season is about to start early next month. My team the reds(Ferrari)lost on all counts last season.So this season is going to be interesting.The new Mclaren looks like a gem.

I think they should have won last season but bad luck was on their side.

_41320306_mclaren203.jpg

prozac you got a partener,am also an F1 fan, but to tell you this the reds have no chance in this season too, Schumi have to do all the work-out himself , but the team to watch is the Mclaren's, when it comes to drivers is Kimi and Jenson, Alonso will find it very tough

Ooooh, I don't know about the McLaren's this year too. I don't know if they've got their reliability issues sorted out yet.

It appears to me that they spent all their time and money on the paint job... Lovely car though.

Thats what I like about the start-of-the-season time. All the uncertainty. I can hardly wait!!

Who do I think will do well this season? Ask me again in a months time.

The McLaren is the best car.They just have a lot of bad luck in the form of Raikennin.Any car he drives will not do well.Ferrari are back.At last we can see both cars finish.That would force Renault to make some mistakes.And since Fisichella is racing with Alonso,they can't have a good dual strategy.Last season they just concentrated on him.

Today they had to concentrate on Fisichella too.I think the Ferrari did well today.Massa was a good gamble for them.Look how Barrichello is doing at Honda?same old dull racing.With all his experience he can't even compete with Button.

:banana: The dark horse is back.Sweet victory for the reds once again.That's the Ferrari and Schumacher i'm used to.You it's really true you have your destiny in your hands. Ferrari's tactics were attack like they used to do before they lost the championship last year.Their qualifying strategy was theirs and not a to counter Renault.McLaren have a losing attitude in their qualifying with high fuel load in qualifying hoping to catch Renault out by running long.Ferrari have realised this does not work.

Good thing they got rid of Barrichello.He's is not under the apparent shadow of Schumacher anymore but is still flopping after will his team mate Button is alway up with the top three.No more using Micheal as an excuse.Massa on the other haand is producing much better results than Barrichello normally does.

McLaren on the other hand are really surprising.They have the best car but cannot use it.Ferrari needs them and Honda to be pipping 2nd and 3rd and pushing Renault to forth.

The next grand prix in Germany will prove whether Ferrari is truely back or whether it was home advantage at Imola.

March will be here soon and the new season will start.My bets are on Ferrari,Renault and Williams.They need to regain their credibility back and I'm sure this season will be successful for them.Can't wait.

Who's driving for Ferrari this year? Is renault's car that good!

Kimi Raikennin and Felippe Massa are on Ferrari.Kimi's a good driver but he has too much bad luck;things always happened to him when he was at McLaren even though they had a good car enough to challenge he was always breaking down or be taken out sometimes by his own team mate.

Renault is very very good.It's better than Ferrari on the days Ferrari get things wrong.That's the reason why Alonso tried to reverse his move to McLaren because it was like leaving Ferrari after winning both drivers and constructors championships and getting into a Williams hoping you'd do the same;no chance.He can kiss his chances goodbye now.That was a very bad career move.Williams on the other hand used to be in Renaults position when Ralf Schumacher and Jenson Button were with them.They were the best car in straight line speed and would claw back anyones lead on the back straight;that was a big problem for Ferrari back then when BMW used to produce their engines but BMW have their own team team and it is improving rapidly.

Nowadays it's Honda that seems to have that power and they could be serious contenders if they had a good techniical director like Ross Brawn.This season it's Ferrari,Renault,Honda and hopefully Williams and maybe McLaren if they can somehow use their very good car. I can rule out though not completely that McLaren will not win at least the drivers championship because first;y their car is not the best 2ndly they have only one experienced driver. The same for Renault;Fisichella is their only experienced driver.Hondahave two great driver;Barrichello and Button so they have as good a chance as Ferrari have.

But all this said anything can happen like it did in the last three races of last season when Michael took the lead for the championship from Alonso or how Ferrari came to be so feared and came to be the yard stick for the best performance after Michael moved to their team from Benetton.

Thanks for the update Prozac. I must admit i only caught 4 or 5 races last season. Used to be a huge F1 fan a few yrs ago but my interest has diminished significantly, looking forward to following this season better than the last.

Next Friday the season officially starts in Melbourne.Can't wait.Everybody will be waiting to see what improvements have been made and who the top dogs will be.It will be wierd without Michael Schumacher but it exciting as well.

PROZAC DO YOU ENJOY LEMANS AS WELL?

PROZAC DO YOU ENJOY LEMANS AS WELL?

Yeah but it's not often enough.I think it's probably the most enduring race followed by NASCAR but I don't really like NASCAR because all the do is sit in the car turn the stirring to the left and gas that's it no right no overtaking strategy nothing.

First practise session of the year and my horses are blazing the trail.Ewiase your boy is doing well third on the time board;3 places ahead of his teammate the reigning champion.Can't believe Honda is way down there.Well these are not race conditions so there is no need to perform but just familiarise with the race track.

1. Felipe Massa (Brazil) Ferrari 1:27.353

2. Kimi Raikkonen (Finland) Ferrari 1:27.750

3. Lewis Hamilton (Britain) McLaren-Mercedes 1:27.829

4. Giancarlo Fisichella (Italy) Renault 1:27.941

5. Nick Heidfeld (Germany) BMW Sauber 1:27.970

6. Alexander Wurz (Austria) Williams-Toyota 1:27.981

7. Fernando Alonso (Spain) McLaren-Mercedes 1:28.040

8. Nico Rosberg (Germany) Williams-Toyota 1:28.055

9. Robert Kubica (Poland) BMW Sauber 1:28.281

10. David Coulthard (Britain) Red Bull-Renault 1:28.495

11. Anthony Davidson (Britain) Super Aguri-Honda 1:28.727

12. Jarno Trulli (Italy) Toyota 1:28.921

13. Takuma Sato (Japan) Super Aguri-Honda 1:29.009

14. Jenson Button (Britain) Honda 1:29.066

15. Rubens Barrichello (Brazil) Honda 1:29.542

16. Ralf Schumacher (Germany) Toyota 1:29.574

17. Mark Webber (Australia) Red Bull-Renault 1:29.801

18. Heikki Kovalainen (Finland) Renault 1:30.097

19. Scott Speed (U.S.) Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1:30.383

20. Christijan Albers (Netherlands) Spyker-Ferrari 1:31.108

21. Adrian Sutil (Germany) Spyker-Ferrari 1:31.175

22. Vitantonio Liuzzi (Italy) Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1:31.693

ON THE FRONT ROW IS KIMI ON POLE WITH ALONSO.

NOW WHO'S GOT A QUICK START?

AND WHO WILL BE FAST TO TAKE THE FIRST CORNER?

PROZAC DO YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY ON THIS.

I must say the McLaren has improved very much.I wasn't expecting them to be that good.I was expecting Ferrari,Renault,Honda then McLarens and BMW Sauber on the first 4 rows.This goes back to the days when Mika Hakkenin was around.

For the real race today I think Ferrari will take it.They are the best car by far and do not have to push to make good times.If Renault was on the front row I'd say they'd take the lead because they have the best torque and power among all of them.For some reason Fischella is not pulling his weight.I was expecting him to be showming up his former team mate Alonso because he is supposed to have a better car.

Hamilton did really well for a rooky.I don't understand why these professionals let a rooky like him show them how to drive.He's nw blood and rough and pushes with everything that could be why.However I think there is a bit of success rubbed on the McLaren team by Alonso moving to them because their car was no where near the performance yesterday last year.Just like how Schumacher turned Ferrari around after leaving Benetton.

The first race is early this morning and I predict

1. Kimi Raikkennen

2. Alonso

3. Fisichella

4. Button,Barrichello or Massa

7. Kubica

GREAT RACE BY KIMI AND HAMILTON.

Hamilton was great.That's the kind of racer the sport needs.He's going to make them sit up and pay attention.I must say the Honda and Renault were shocking.It's like Renault decided to reverse their success.What did they do with all the practice sessions for a whole year?The answer they come out with a worse car.Can't they learn from Ferrari?

McLaren are really back to their spot.That is the McLaren that I used to know.Fisichella and Kova drove badly.Renault better get a new driver quick and Alonso was uncharacteristicly sober after being shown up be the roooky Hamilton.I said it his days are numbered.

Ewiase your boy is doing well third on the time board...

...and third in the first race. i hope it is not a fluke and he is in for real. :metallica:

My Fantasy F1 Season

The F1 season has been upset from 2nd downwards.

1.Obviously Ferrari at the top is my preference but Massa needs to be close pegging Kimi for Ferrari to be ahead in the constructors and drivers as well.

2.Renault need to pull their weight to make Alonso regret his move to McLaren.

3.Honda should get their act together.Melbourne was very bad for them.They looked like a Menardi team just filling in grid slots.Button is a great driver that performace was well below his level.Maybe ghosts are coming to haunt him for betraying Williams.

4.The old experienced drivers need to show that experience counts.Hamilton coming and showing them up should make them sit up even though Alonso showed this by passing him with strategy rather than raw pass.It's not something he couldn't have done.That guy is good at mind games.

this season will be exciting,no one knows what Alonso is up to and Hamilton is being talked up but Alonso is keeping his cool and going to show them.Hamilton is going to drive like he was being followed by an earth sheet crack.Kimi is definately at home after signing for Ferrari and waiting all this while for Schumacher to leave he's now going to show why they signed him all the way back in 2005.If Button,Fisichella,Barrichello and Massa perform like they did last season,they will be such a battle.The sophomores like Rosberg drove very well and if this continues there will be battles at every level.They are making rulled out cars count.

PROZ,

WHAT DO YOU SAY ABOUT THIS RACE?

Good beginning to the season,It's definately not going to be boring.There are so many things to expect and you can't count anyone out now.Even if someone is not leading they will play a major role in upsetting some other team or drivers game this season.It's game theory all the way.

Edited by Prozac

This weekend is the Malayasian GP.Wonder what it holds.

First qualifying session results:

1. Felipe Massa, Brazil, Ferrari, 1 minute, 34.972 seconds

2. Fernando Alonso, Spain, McLaren-Mercedes, 1:35.220

3. Lewis Hamilton, Britain, McLaren-Mercedes, 1:35.712

4. Kimi Raikkonen, Finland, Ferrari, 1:35.779

5. Nico Rosberg, Germany, Williams, 1:36.308

6. Mark Webber, Australia, Red Bull, 1:36.522

7. Jarno Trulli, Italy, Toyota, 1:36.597

8. x-Kazuki Nakajima, Japan, Williams, 1:36.885

9. Ralf Schumacher, Germany, Toyota, 1:37.052

10. Robert Kubica, Poland, BMW-Sauber, 1:37.121

Second qualifying session results:

1. Felipe Massa, Brazil, Ferrari, 1 minute, 35.780 seconds

2. Giancarlo Fisichella, Italy, Renault, 1:35.910

3. Heikki Kovalainen, Finland, Renault, 1:36.106

4. Kimi Raikkonen, Finland, Ferrari, 1:36.160

5. Nico Rosberg, Germany, Williams, 1:36.523

6. Alexander Wurz, Austria, Williams, 1:36.621

7. Robert Kubica, Poland, BMW-Sauber, 1:36.717

8. Ralf Schumacher, Germany, Toyota, 1:36,760

9. Lewis Hamilton, Britain, McLaren-Mercedes, 1:36.797

10. Nick Heidfeld, Germany, BMW-Sauber, 1:36.862

Fischella is looking like he's back in shape and Kovalainen is showing why he was runner up in GP2. The spotlight on McLaren may fade now as both Alonso and Hamilton fell in the second session. I wonder why the times are increasing. It's supposed to get faster with each lap.

My top 10 predictions for the start up grid

1. Massa

2. Raikkonen

3. Fisichella

4. Kovalainen

5. Alonso

6. Hamilton

7. Heidfeld

8. Kubica

9. Wurz

10.Nico Rosberg

HAMILTON TOO TOUGH FOR THE PRANCING HORSE.

POOR MASSA :angry:

well, i am reading the right signs?

1st race - 3rd

2nd race - 2nd

3rd race - ?

Hamilton all the way!