OUR HAIR

45 posts in this topic

Any sista in here natural. I recently cut my perm and rocking the "twa"

so if u got any tips

lemme me kno. thnks

so if u got any tips

lemme me kno. thnks

am thinking of cutting mine, but is too difficult to maintain short hair. use the styling gel and thonging . :D

so if u got any tips

lemme me kno. thnks

am thinking of cutting mine, but is too difficult to maintain short hair. use the styling gel and thonging . :D

hmmmm.. I will pray u cut it soon. lol :smilie_laugh: :smilie_laugh: :smilie_laugh:

I think it’s about time to save our hair from extinction. Were all the beautiful natural hair styles of Ghana?

There was a time when our people were proud of their natural hair, now all I see is fake hair all over!!

Lafforgue_Eritrea_28.jpg

proof_african_hair-vi.jpg

I do like your your topic, fake hair all along, if i were a lady i would be really shy carrying all those wigs around town,

yet if you look closely you realize it started from the educational system, were everyone is told to keep short hair, why that i don't know and i personally don't think it relevant. well they now come out with no hair looking bald all over the place, not their fault it's the system unintelligent parents we have here in africa so you see from junior high to senior high, no hair. your hair also defines your beauty as well as your health, but because our stupid educationist have no knowledge at all they think it interferes in academic excellence. Naive education board. who says girls without their hair won't know anything - without their hair. lady's must rise up against injustice in our schools, the whites keep all kinds of hair styles yet they are more intelligent than we the bald headed ones, it's there for a reason, thanks.

For almost 15 years my hair style was "sweet" and cut every two weeks.

For the past year i have been trying to grow it but cant seem to get a good barber to shape it as round as I would want. So I ended up cutting it again.

It has now been growing for about two and half months now so soon I will have to have it shaped (low afro type).

The problem with my hair is that its very slippery and light. So most barbers find it hard to cut.

My hair is getting close to the fulani type or what is called "obey the wind" so when I comb it, it doesnt take long for it to look rough again.

That was the reason I started "sweating" it in the first place. But now maybe I can find a way to make it stay.

I have been thinking of starch! :lol:

So why is my hair reducing in weight?

because unlike Bula, you are getting bald.

I DON'T HAVE HAIR SO I'M GETTING OUT OF HERE.

so if u got any tips

lemme me kno. thnks

I'm back to rocking my TWA and I'm watering it and applying olive oil daily. It's growing at a steady pace. Hopefully at this rate I'll have a full blown big ol' fro by the end of the year. :D

Is that a sign of baldness?

it reduces in weight as you grow older and the "patch" where it is intense is the baldy patch.

yours will start from the forehead.

Yes, and due to global warming.

it reduces in weight as you grow older and the "patch" where it is intense is the baldy patch.

yours will start from the forehead.

Is baldness not a sex-linked genetic condition?

If my dad is bald, but my senior brother is not and neither is anyone in my mom's family I know of.....why should I expect to go bald?

Very interesting insight! Thanks for your comment!

lady's must rise up against injustice in our schools, the whites keep all kinds of hair styles yet they are more intelligent than we the bald headed ones, it's there for a reason, thanks.

You have decided to let this one go because you are not bald, right?

huh?

A balding friend of mine was told by his barber that he should not let hot water drop directly on his head. According to the barber, that will just contribute to the balding.

I knew that was not true, but how was I to let him know that. He was already traumatized. :smilie_laugh:

:smilie_laugh: :smilie_laugh: :smilie_laugh:

so if u got any tips

lemme me kno. thnks

My hair is natural & has been for the past 2yrs.... i tried doing temporary dreadlocks but dry scalp is killing me.... i've tried so many products but it doesn't seem to work. It is also uneven & really difficult to maintain..... when i see a comb i feel the pain b4 it goes thru my hair....

I wud like to go permanent dread but am scared of the dry scalp problem it itches like nobody's business......

huh?

A balding friend of mine was told by his barber that he should not let hot water drop directly on his head. According to the barber, that will just contribute to the balding.

I knew that was not true, but how was I to let him know that. He was already traumatized. :smilie_laugh:

:smilie_laugh: :smilie_laugh: :smilie_laugh: :smilie_laugh: