Naked Zulu Girls dance for the king of Swaziland

84 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Got this link from...

http://www.viewnaija.com/video-2265.html

Is it possible to upgrade this so we can embed videos in here? Or that's asking too much?

Anyways, when this topic came up last I was bashed for being against it...they say it's culture...I say, really?

What do you guys make of it?

Posted · Report post

OMG i think the girls are happy themselves.

Posted · Report post

I don't see any completely naked girls.

They may be as well be modelling their version of "victoria secrets undies."

Posted · Report post

They look like pieces of meat!

Posted · Report post

:smilie_laugh::smilie_laugh:

:smilie_laugh: what secret?? thats their culture. but these girls should cover up .

Posted · Report post

this is nothing that you won't see in a typical rap video.

Posted · Report post

:smilie_laugh: what secret?? thats their culture. but these girls should cover up .

Kofi dear thier reason for been naked is for the king to make a choice by looking.what a way to find a wife, how will the men in town feel after seeing their women bearing their stuff in public.....

Posted · Report post

i don't see what the fuss is. some ethnic groups in ghana (can't remember the name) do this to girls as a right of passage.

Posted · Report post

i don't see what the fuss is. some ethnic groups in ghana (can't remember the name) do this to girls as a right of passage.

agreed...you mean dipo, by the krobo?

I've changed positions on this and I'm now with you...it's culture

Posted · Report post

Kofi dear thier reason for been naked is for the king to make a choice by looking.what a way to find a wife, how will the men in town feel after seeing their women bearing their stuff in public.....

Now, put this in context. The king is making a choice through a cross-sectional selection process (at one time).

Compare this to the time series selection process (over a period of time) most men use. If you line up the women most men have slept with before they finally settle down with one, the line of women may be longer than what the king is seeing.

Further more, we have seen you all completely naked. How will your future husband feel knowing that other men have seen you naked - whether in private or in public?

Posted · Report post

They look like pieces of meat!

....Just like all other half naked women..."bearded meat" for that matter.

Posted · Report post

it has been like that for years.

Posted · Report post

agreed...you mean dipo, by the krobo?

I've changed positions on this and I'm now with you...it's culture

http://flickr.com/photos/waltercallens/page128/

http://flickr.com/photos/waltercallens/page129/

http://flickr.com/photos/waltercallens/page130/

you are right and the side street next to Forest Hotel in Dodowa is called Dipo Street

Posted · Report post

the Akan also have bra goro, which is a bit similar to the dipo.

Posted · Report post

Well culture is culture...they see women dancing nudey in public as a tradition while others would see it as trashy. One man's taboo is another man's sacred responsibility!

Posted · Report post

Well culture is culture...they see women dancing nudey in public as a tradition while others would see it as trashy. One man's taboo is another man's sacred responsibility!

:smilie_laugh: True

Posted · Report post

I don't see any coochie so whats wrong with it?

Posted · Report post

Interesting you guys all seem to agree...so then can any of you be bold enough to tell me what's wrong with FGM and Trokosi?

I mean, they're also the culture of the people that practice them, aren't they? I think this language of convenience excusing certain things as culture and bashing others to suit our own personal biases has to stop. You're either for 'backwards' culture or you're for 'progressive' culture.

I really don't care one way or the other about any of these things, but just curious. Why are FGM and Trokosi then wrong, since they are also culture?

Posted · Report post

Interesting you guys all seem to agree...so then can any of you be bold enough to tell me what's wrong with FGM and Trokosi?

I mean, they're also the culture of the people that practice them, aren't they? I think this language of convenience excusing certain things as culture and bashing others to suit our own personal biases has to stop. You're either for 'backwards' culture or you're for 'progressive' culture.

I really don't care one way or the other about any of these things, but just curious. Why are FGM and Trokosi then wrong, since they are also culture?

Brodo, :o

FGM involves - serious pain, mutilation and anguish

Trokosi involves - slavery, enslavement, imprisonment, rape, loss of freedom etc

there are aspect of culture which add to a man/womans education and prepares them for life in the big wide world.

then there are the ones dreamt up by wicked men and imposed upon women and poor children.

YOU have gone down in my estimation if you can ask such a question.

Posted · Report post

I'd like to respond to you Blue...but I know better...anyways...

How does this Zulu dancing add to the women's education and prepare them for life given that it's about the Chief picking a wife from the lot? It's your measuring stick, not mine....

ps...I don't care about estimation so kindly leave it out....estimation is the enemy of progress...

Posted · Report post

Now, put this in context. The king is making a choice through a cross-sectional selection process (at one time).

Compare this to the time series selection process (over a period of time) most men use. If you line up the women most men have slept with before they finally settle down with one, the line of women may be longer than what the king is seeing.

Further more, we have seen you all completely naked. How will your future husband feel knowing that other men have seen you naked - whether in private or in public?

Going down this road will only lead to possible unwarranted attacks on you.

Let me give you my reason.

I had pointed out in another forum the following:

1. Guys are more likely to pad up their numbers when they are with their friends, and the general discussion revolves around the notch on the post.

2. The same guys are more likely to reduce or completely eliminate the count, when they are addressing the same subject with the member of the opposite sex that they really, really, like.

I suspect the same goes for women.

I made this assertion, when someone announced proudly that the man she married dated often, but that she was his first, because she had asked him and he said so.

I got a very nasty PM, because she did not like me taking that position and advising that we dwell more on the person and not ask unless they want to share.

Oh, well....water under the bridge. :afro:

Posted · Report post

Hipic, I totally agree with you...people prefer their reality to actuality...or something like that.

Confused's question is one that needs to be answered, however

I'm just struggling to deal with the hypocrisy of liberalism..but it's starting to seem as if liberals, like communists dislike questions.

Posted · Report post

Hipic and Brodo, Thanks.

I am used to unwarranted attacks - "fans don't boo nobodies."

Though the number of partners may be an exageration, the point has been made.

I will recommend the movie "The God's must be Crazy" for people to understand how ridiculous our "modern culture" is when you look at it from the "little man"s perspective.

Posted · Report post

......I dont see what the fuss is all about!!

Posted · Report post

I'd like to respond to you Blue...but I know better...anyways...

what is that suppose to mean? kick his ass, sebas Blue!