12 replies to this topic

#1 Belle

Belle

Rising Star

• V.I.P
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,798 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 06:02 PM

just a thought.... is it still going on? Was it really relevant if it was should it be brought back b'cos i think the young ones are going astray...... lastly will u enroll ur child for this rite...... :rolleyes:

Posted Image
Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is mystery, Today is a gift

#2 Ewiase

Ewiase

Been There Done That Retired

• V.I.P
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,661 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 06:06 PM

culture is part of an individual. we never have to do away with positive culture.

puberty rite is and will always be a positive culture.
neke gyen ne yoo?

saa ena Ewiase etee?

is this how the world is?

if a lie takes the lift and the truth the stairs, the lie will be faster, but the truth will get there too.

#3 Belle

Belle

Rising Star

• V.I.P
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,798 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 06:08 PM

Queenmother calls for reintroduction of puberty rites
Nana Badu I, Queenmother of Enyan-Abowinum in the Central Region, on Monday called on traditional rulers and other opinion leaders in the country to reintroduce puberty rites and other customary practices that supported child upbringing.

She said this would help curb teenage pregnancy, prostitution, the spread of HIV/AIDS and enhance the development of children, particularly, the girl-child.

Nana Badu, who made the call at a seminar, organized by Hope For Future Generations (HFFG), a non-governmental organisation (NGO), for opinion leaders in the Enyan-Abowinum area, at Ajumako, said customary practices in the past prevented sexual promiscuity and pre-marital sex among children.

The seminar was to solicit views of participants on how to curb teenage pregnancy and the spread of HIV/AIDS among the youth in the area.

Nana Badu expressed worry that some parents encouraged their daughters, some who were school children to engage in prostitution or sexual promiscuity by taking money from them.

Nana Amankwa XI, chief of Ajumako-Essaman, said the high incidence of teenage pregnancy in the area was partly due to poverty and urged government to assist the people to acquire loans to undertake economic activities.

The Director of the NGO, Mrs Adriane de-Haille appealed to the people to support government developmental agenda to improve their wellbeing.

Source: GNA

#4 Ewiase

Ewiase

• V.I.P
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,661 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 06:11 PM

which Monday was this? was it in 2001 or 2009?
neke gyen ne yoo?

saa ena Ewiase etee?

if a lie takes the lift and the truth the stairs, the lie will be faster, but the truth will get there too.

#5 Moby Dick

Moby Dick

Super Freak

• V.I.P
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,499 posts
  • Interests:Everything.

Posted 08 April 2009 - 06:13 PM

Posted Image
SHEEEEEE, BOBBY B DIS............... :drool:
People think i'm shy because i don't talk or participate too much in conversations. The truth is i don't really give a fuck what they're talking about.

#6 Belle

Belle

Rising Star

• V.I.P
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,798 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 06:14 PM

Posted Image

oops i didn't realised this been tackled b4...just stumbled accross it

#7 Belle

Belle

Rising Star

• V.I.P
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,798 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 06:15 PM

which Monday was this? was it in 2001 or 2009?

#8 Belle

Belle

Rising Star

• V.I.P
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,798 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 06:16 PM

culture is part of an individual. we never have to do away with positive culture.

shdn't they cover up atleast... & its only centered around females..... it shd be a two way thing after all it takes two to tango........

#9 Belle

Belle

Rising Star

• V.I.P
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,798 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 06:17 PM

Posted Image

people like Moby will only attend such ceremonies just to watch free show........ :smilie_laugh: Moby wud u let ur daughter do this?

#10 Moby Dick

Moby Dick

Super Freak

• V.I.P
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,499 posts
  • Interests:Everything.

Posted 08 April 2009 - 06:18 PM

Posted Image

people like Moby will only attend such ceremonies just to watch free show........ :smilie_laugh: Moby wud u let ur daughter do this?

TWEAAAAA.......... :smilie_laugh:
People think i'm shy because i don't talk or participate too much in conversations. The truth is i don't really give a fuck what they're talking about.

#11 Ewiase

Ewiase

• V.I.P
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,661 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 04:59 AM

shdn't they cover up atleast... & its only centered around females..... it shd be a two way thing after all it takes two to tango........

about covering up, this is a one day thing compared to what is happening everyday now with the way people dress now.

you are right about should be a two way just like in East Africa, but unfortunately it isn't.
neke gyen ne yoo?

saa ena Ewiase etee?

#12 BlueHue

BlueHue

Something Blue

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,764 posts
  • Interests:The avid persuit of happiness, Peace of mind, calm determination of spirit
  • Mood:Good

Posted 09 April 2009 - 11:12 AM

just a thought.... is it still going on? Was it really relevant if it was should it be brought back b'cos i think the young ones are going astray...... lastly will u enroll ur child for this rite...... :rolleyes:

Posted Image

YES!
[img]http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:VgVliM_8AO_9nM:http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x150/seeramaiste1/JessicaRabbit.jpg[/img] I am surrounded by the hue of blue which keeps me whole.

#13 Confused

Confused

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 06:44 PM

Any man will tell you that there is a difference between ritualized females and non-ritualized females. Unless you have experienced a ritualized female, you have no idea what you are missing on this earth.

Some of the training, in preparing a woman for wifery duties, is to put broken bottles on a bed to make sure the woman suspends her bottom in the air for the husband to be. This may not be Ghanaian but definately African. Now translate that to bedmatics and you know what I mean. This is besides the other womanly duties taught by the learned elderly ladies.

As to the men taking part in this activity, I beg to differ. Women have received worldwide attention and condemnation against female genital mutilation. So they deserve to go through the ritual.

Men are still suffering from male genital mutilation in silence. Yes I am refering to circumcision or the "Unkindest Cut." According to the Assocation for keeping the male genital intact (yes there is such an association), circumcision can be defined as a cruel, traumatic and unnecessary surgery that causes enduring sexual and psychological injury to a helpless infant who cannot give his consent.

When men win this fight, then it is time to fight for ritualization.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users