Photo

Fetish Priest, Witch Doctors and Juju...

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 zulughana

zulughana

Soul Searcher

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,095 posts
  • Interests:Chess, IT, Hacking, Photography, Meeting People, Sharing, Travelling

Posted 09 February 2006 - 08:31 AM

:D

Adventurous, Argumentative, Artistic, Easygoing, Eccentric, NON-Flirtatious, Free-Spirited, Friendly, High Energy, Humorous, Intellectual, Logical, Low Maintenance, Open-Minded, Playful, Practical, Responsible, Self Confident, Serious, Sophisticated, Spiritual, Spontaneous, Unconventional and Wild.

Posted Image

#2 zulughana

zulughana

Soul Searcher

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,095 posts
  • Interests:Chess, IT, Hacking, Photography, Meeting People, Sharing, Travelling

Posted 09 February 2006 - 08:42 AM

juju (JOO-joo) noun

1. A fetish or charm.

2. The magic or supernatural power attributed to such an object.

[Of uncertain origin, perhaps from west African language Hausa juju (fetish), probably from French joujou (toy).]

Adventurous, Argumentative, Artistic, Easygoing, Eccentric, NON-Flirtatious, Free-Spirited, Friendly, High Energy, Humorous, Intellectual, Logical, Low Maintenance, Open-Minded, Playful, Practical, Responsible, Self Confident, Serious, Sophisticated, Spiritual, Spontaneous, Unconventional and Wild.

Posted Image

#3 Paddy

Paddy

Not quite Right in the Head

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,239 posts
  • Interests:Roots Reggae ::: Football ::: Chess

Posted 14 February 2006 - 12:50 PM

i have had 2 encounters with jujumen in my life. They all happened when i was a kid.

I nthe first case, i was the goal keeper of my local colts club. We had a tough encounter with our oponents. Rumour went around that we will lose by three goals to nil. Our coach (also a young boy about 20 years) took us to this juju man to help us.

The juju man told us to walk backwards when we get to the pitch. If we do that we will win by 1 goal. if wedid no, we will lose by 3 goals. We followed his instructions.

Guess the results.....we lost by 4:0. See, after they scored their first goal, i got demoralised and lost focus.

I will be back to talk about the second encounter
Posted Image

Paddyreus, Episcopus, Servus Servorum Dei

Omnia Vincit Labor

#4 SirPuyol

SirPuyol

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 06:36 AM

Haha...funny.
It's really fun to be a jujuman or pastor in Africa.
You can tell people anything you like and they'll believe you.
"little things worry little minds"

#5 babydoll1

babydoll1

Welcome to fight club

• V.I.P
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,637 posts
  • Interests:writting, walking, travelling, sex if i have a partner, competitive sports;i.e. netball and go kart racing

Posted 23 February 2006 - 12:07 PM

Zulu why dont you tell of your experience to set the ball rolling?
IF YOU HAVE TO EAT A FROG DONT STARE AT IT TOO LONG. IF YOU HAVE TO EAT TWO EAT THE BIG ONE FIRST.

#6 Ewiase

Ewiase

Been There Done That Retired

• V.I.P
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,661 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 05:28 AM

you seem to have lost how he works.
neke gyen ne yoo?

saa ena Ewiase etee?

is this how the world is?

if a lie takes the lift and the truth the stairs, the lie will be faster, but the truth will get there too.

#7 greensuave

greensuave

underground dungeons for RENT

• V.I.P
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 09:26 PM

you seem to have lost how he works.

Btw, why does Zulu do that?
"Friends are the family we choose for ourselves," writer Edna Buchanan

Gedanken Sind Frei

#8 Ewiase

Ewiase

• V.I.P
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,661 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 06:22 AM

Btw, why does Zulu do that?

it should read, "Zulu why do you do that?" and then he will have to answer.
neke gyen ne yoo?

saa ena Ewiase etee?

if a lie takes the lift and the truth the stairs, the lie will be faster, but the truth will get there too.

#9 zulughana

zulughana

Soul Searcher

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,095 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 04:06 PM

hmmm its not an easy chapter in my life to narrate, but i will all the same...

my third set of foster parents decided that it would be a good idea to send me to Ghana, because i was always getting into trouble and constantly in and out of juvi courts.

after a month in Ghana, i started developing small boils on my legs. the sight was really bad. on a very bad day, i would have puss coming out of these boils. many visits to the hospital couldnt heal me.

so the gaurdian i was staying with decided to take me to a herbalist. to start off with, things sort of improved, but not totally. we then went to see a fetish priest in the volta region. her explanation was that, she was sure some evil forces were trying to harm me....i remember the FP waking us up at the crack of dawn, killing a cock and using a razor blade to make small incisions on my arms and chest and applying some black powder [mixed in the blood of this cock] into the cuts....i remember fainting...

the boils didnt go, and the final straw for my gaurdian was to take me to a spiritual church...yes...it was called cherubin and seruphim [spelling not acurate]... i couldnt stand the place after the first visit and refused to go.

my saviour was a man who i later meet when teaching in Tamale....he lived next do to my gaurdian and if memory serves me right, his son [my mate] told his dad about the boils on my legs. the guy applied some ointment mixed with other stuff, and within a week the boils went.

at one point, my gaurdian was contemplating of taking me to see a witch doctor...

Posted Image

#10 greensuave

greensuave

underground dungeons for RENT

• V.I.P
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 05:12 PM

You made the story sound funny. I had to laugh :smilie_laugh:. I'm glad you don't have the boils anymore.

So would you recommend fetish priest? :smilie_laugh:
"Friends are the family we choose for ourselves," writer Edna Buchanan

Gedanken Sind Frei

#11 zulughana

zulughana

Soul Searcher

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,095 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 05:24 PM

You made the story sound funny. I had to laugh :smilie_laugh:. I'm glad you don't have the boils anymore.

So would you recommend fetish priest? :smilie_laugh:

well glad it made U laugh..:rolleyes:

recommend a fetish priest?...definately not.....in my book, they are just money grabbers and scammers

Posted Image

#12 nanab

nanab

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,558 posts
  • Interests:Biography(post 19th century),Football,Athletics,Politics,Sex,theology.

Posted 27 February 2006 - 05:50 PM

Apparently,a fetish priest in Hohoe(where i was born.In those days women were sent away to their parents when it was time to deliver)warned my mum and gradmum to keep a constant eye on me; I was destined to be a great man and also highly prone to accidents...well the greatman bit hasnt quite happened yet........lol
We have as far as possible,closed every avenue by which light may enter the slave's(negro)mind.If we could extinguish the capacity to see light, our work would be complete.They(Negro)would then be on the level with the beast of the field and we(white slave owners)should be free.

-Henry Berry-(Virginia 1832)

#13 babydoll1

babydoll1

Welcome to fight club

• V.I.P
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,637 posts
  • Interests:writting, walking, travelling, sex if i have a partner, competitive sports;i.e. netball and go kart racing

Posted 28 February 2006 - 12:35 AM

The nanab, how do you judge the greatness of a man? For some families being abroad alone makes one a great person whereas for some completing university or college signifies greatness. I dont thnik the greatness of a man is in how popular and wellknown he is alone. Why dont you find out how great exactly you were meant to be?

I would have thought your name is Akan, am i right that hohoe is in the volta area?
IF YOU HAVE TO EAT A FROG DONT STARE AT IT TOO LONG. IF YOU HAVE TO EAT TWO EAT THE BIG ONE FIRST.

#14 Ewiase

Ewiase

• V.I.P
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,661 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 05:05 AM

I would have thought your name is Akan, am i right that hohoe is in the volta area?

i should not have answered this question, but still...

there is Akan in the Volta Region and even Buem Akan Constituency.

Dr. Obed Asamoah comes from there.

do not forget the fact too that you can be Ghanaian but may be born in Holland.

Edited by Ewiase, 28 February 2006 - 05:10 AM.

neke gyen ne yoo?

saa ena Ewiase etee?

#15 nanab

nanab

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,558 posts
  • Interests:Biography(post 19th century),Football,Athletics,Politics,Sex,theology.

Posted 28 February 2006 - 01:47 PM

The nanab, how do you judge the greatness of a man? For some families being abroad alone makes one a great person whereas for some completing university or college signifies greatness. I dont thnik the greatness of a man is in how popular and wellknown he is alone. Why dont you find out how great exactly you were meant to be?

Babydoll1..thats a difficult philosophical question to answer.I consider my DAD to be a great man cos he taught us(4 boys)the value of honesty and intergrity.Growing up,all of us believed that he was honest to a fault..but now we all understand what a great man he is.
I also consider Bill Gates to be a great man cos he gives so much to good causes.....I hope that answers ur question Baby(am still learning to get into the habbit of giving)
Yes Hohoe is in the Volta(thats where my mum comes from)my name is certainly Akan(Akuapim to be exact)
If I can help bring up my daughter and son(in the true African spirit,teaching them the value of truth,honesty,giving,sharing and intergrity.And help inculcate an "achieving" spirit in them)then i wud consider myself a great man.
We have as far as possible,closed every avenue by which light may enter the slave's(negro)mind.If we could extinguish the capacity to see light, our work would be complete.They(Negro)would then be on the level with the beast of the field and we(white slave owners)should be free.

#16 babydoll1

babydoll1

Welcome to fight club

• V.I.P
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,637 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 02:34 PM

In that the predictions were right nanaB

#17 nanab

nanab

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 03:02 PM

In that the predictions were right nanaB

It could be argued that those predictions were general statements that could apply to anyone.....I am not sure if anyone destined to fail....what do u think?

#18 Paddy

Paddy

Not quite Right in the Head

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,239 posts
  • Interests:Roots Reggae ::: Football ::: Chess

Posted 10 March 2006 - 03:57 PM

There are a number of very 'powerful' juju sources in Ghana - Akonedi, Antoa Nyama, Nogokpo etc.

I will however wish to talk about Antoa Nyama....as explained to me by people of Antoa.

Antoa is a small peri-urban community of Kumasi in the Ashanti region of Ghana. Now in this this community lies a small brook called Nyama, popularly known as Antoa Nyama. folks of the town believe that Antoa Nyama is a powerful god. indeed the name Antoa Nyama puts fear in almost all people of Ashanti origin and beyond.

Anto offers a few services. Including

1. seek justice for the offended by placing a spell of terrible disease on people
2. crime detection
3. divination into the future

When Anto places a curse on someone, the person becomes very sick and begins to grow lean. The effects of Antoa Nyamah is so similar to HIV/AIDS that most people in Antoa dont really think AIDS is real. They think Antoa Nyama have cursed such people.

To remove the spell, the one on whom the spell is cast must walk naked from one end of the town to the other and then bathe in the Antoa River......

Then the spell will go away.

Recalcitrant people who fail to confess usually die.

Dont get confused. i am telling U what happens in Ghana in 2006.
Posted Image

Paddyreus, Episcopus, Servus Servorum Dei

Omnia Vincit Labor

#19 BlueHue

BlueHue

Something Blue

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,764 posts
  • Interests:The avid persuit of happiness, Peace of mind, calm determination of spirit
  • Mood:Good

Posted 05 May 2006 - 02:22 PM

Wow!!

Zulu, your story if its true is something else. Your guardian, bless him was trying all available ways to get rid of these boils and by providence someone did indeed come to your aid.

The way you told it and the consequent ending made me laugh too but not in a bad way.

Spiritual power through humans do exist and are quite powerful, its finding the real ones and not the charlatans that is the problem.

I stay clear of them.
[img]http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:VgVliM_8AO_9nM:http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x150/seeramaiste1/JessicaRabbit.jpg[/img] I am surrounded by the hue of blue which keeps me whole.

#20 babydoll1

babydoll1

Welcome to fight club

• V.I.P
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,637 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 11:04 AM

When i was about 5 or 6, our house got robbed, because there was no breaks or forced entry signs, it looked like it was an inside job, my mum had a habit of bringing home pa oh pa's (kayayo's) and the needy who used to roam next to a shop she had at the very old neoplan station before they moved to the bottom of asafo market. anyway, my dad's brand new sound system, projector, top notch 1980's technology etc etc had been just delivered that same night from the harbour. My dad, who had lost religion and spiritualism (these days he prays) due to extreme learning and would previously refuse to go to mass with the family decided to go and see a mallam. I offered to go and accompany him as even though i was very young, i was sceptical of such powers and secretly wanted to go and witness miracles first hand.This meant that i had asked for my mothers wreath as she threatened that we do not come back to that house once we had been to see the Mallam. When we went, the mallam poured some of the schnnap we had bought for him on a goat skin mat, sipped some and asked us to sip some one after the other, i sat there thinking this was sucha disgusting thing snd so held the drink in my mouth the whole time i was in there. The mallam told my dad how, he had recently come to ghana, was married to a strong willed woman, a bit about me, my older sister, my sister who had died in my parents absence from ghana, who lived with in our house and how the robbery was an inside job, before telling us all these, he would each time pour some more schnapp on the goat sking and patterns would form, from the patterns he wouldidentify as people, he assured my dad that the thief would be come confessing so he should sit it out and wait.
My dad even got my mum convinced on our return and we kepta walnut shell he gave us to protect me from allergies for years even forgetting about till i threw it away when i was about 14 or 15 but till this day, the thief still hasnt materialised.

#21 BlueHue

BlueHue

Something Blue

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,764 posts
  • Interests:The avid persuit of happiness, Peace of mind, calm determination of spirit
  • Mood:Good

Posted 21 June 2006 - 10:55 AM

Wow!

Babydoll, this is very interesting indeed. A woman I know told us that on her 70th birthday in the morning a mallam told her she would live for 10 or more years and a lot of other exciting things which mase her very happy.

A year later she died.

Sometimes they are true, sometimes you are not sure if they have the information before hand, sometimes you really dont know what to make of it.

May be your Mallam knew some of the info and made the rest up.

Who knows.

Interesting nevertheless
[img]http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:VgVliM_8AO_9nM:http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x150/seeramaiste1/JessicaRabbit.jpg[/img] I am surrounded by the hue of blue which keeps me whole.

#22 lisa

lisa

Posting on contract only

• V.I.P
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 01:39 PM

Interesting Zulu...and funny but i find it very interesting maybe i cld come to u for the intotos of the whole story so i write a biography out of it.
its not the men in my life that counts, its the life in my men.

#23 zulughana

zulughana

Soul Searcher

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,095 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 07:35 AM

Interesting Zulu...and funny but i find it very interesting maybe i cld come to u for the intotos of the whole story so i write a biography out of it.

U are most welcome....i am sure we will have a best-seller...... :cheekkiss:

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users